The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) offers a free, 3-day face-to-face summer school in the heart of South London from 3-5 July 2024. It aims to inspire and enthuse those considering a career in psychiatry, and provide an insight into the innovative, exciting and rewarding fields of clinical and academic psychiatry.
Who is it for?
The IoPPN Summer School is open to medical students and Foundation Year doctors in the UK.
What does the summer school offer?
- Key lectures, seminars and debates on cutting-edge and controversial topics in psychiatry with leading academics and clinicians in the field working at the IoPPN, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM), and the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych).
- Opportunities to meet and network with internationally renowned researchers and clinicians.
- Patient and carer accounts and specialties speed-dating
- Interactive workshops giving advice and guidance towards core training and academic training application processes, interview skills and ‘a day in the life of a psychiatrist.’
- Site visit to the historic Bethlem Royal Hospital, including a tour of the Museum of the Mind and Bethlem Gallery
How to apply:
- Complete the application form.
- You will need to be available for all three days.
- Places are limited and highly competitive.
- Closing date for applications is midnight Friday 22 March 2024.
- You can find more information here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/events/ioppn-summer-school-2024
- For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org