We are delighted to invite submissions from undergraduate* medical students in UK
Medical Schools for the 2022 Prof Iain Wilkinson Essay Prize. The prize is awarded
in honour of Prof Iain Wilkinson, Professor of Magnetic Resonance Physics at the
University of Sheffield who died in 2020. Prof Wilkinson was a leading figure in UK
clinical brain imaging research and a long-standing friend and associate member of
the British Society of Neuroradiologists.
The title for the essay is: How can patient involvement shape neuroimaging
The winner will receive a prize of £250 and the runner-up will receive £150. The
winning essay will be published on the British Society of Neuroradiologists website.
When submitting your essay please note:
- The word limit is 1,500 words, excluding title, the author’s details and
- Up to 20 references (in any standard style) should be included
- Please submit your essay as a Word document. We do not accept PDFs or other formats.
- Use size 11 Arial font, with line spacing of 1.5. Include your name, year of study and medical school at the beginning of the document.
Essays will be marked for quality of content and how the arguments proposed address the question, as well as the overall structure and the clarity of writing.
- Entries may be checked for plagiarism.
Entries should be submitted to email@example.com. The closing date is Sunday 30th July 5pm.
The winner will be announced at the British Society of Neuroradiologists Annual Scientific Meeting in Edinburgh September 2023.