We are the leading provider of Medical Education courses for junior doctors preparing for an essential Postgraduate examination. Our courses run three times each year, training over 1000 doctors annually.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual for the role of a Course Administrator/ Project Assistant to the Company Director.
This stimulating role would combine periods of frontline interaction with volunteer patients, clients and staff, with relatively independent working in a small office environment during the weeks preceding each set of courses. The work would include:
· Acting as a Course Representative at Medical Education courses: meeting and greeting attendees and patients, and facilitating the running of the courses.
· Communicating with patient volunteers attending Medical Education courses.
· Acting as first point of call for course bookings & enquiries.
· Corresponding with venues, caterers and transport companies.
Our Course Administrator must:
· Have excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
· Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Be able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
· Be organised and flexible.
· Work accurately, whilst paying attention to detail.
Ideally, we would prefer individuals with:
· Experience in similar working environments.
· An understanding of medical terminology.
· A typing speed of 50-60 wpm.
The Course Administrator/ Project Assistant role could be carried out full-time or part-time, depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant. An annualised pattern of working to enable work alongside university commitments would be taken into account for university students e.g. work during university holiday periods, and in between fixed attendance requirements e.g. lectures.
Due to the varied nature of the work carried out, flexibility in the hours of work would be desirable, particularly whilst the courses are running, and would include occasional work at the weekend. The precise schedule of work would be agreed in advance with the successful applicant.
This exciting post will be both challenging and rewarding, with scope for developing new skills. The successful applicant will be exposed to high quality clinical medical education, be able to interact senior clinicians dedicated to medical education, volunteer patients with a variety of medical conditions and disabilities, and the junior doctors who attend the courses.
Negotiable according to skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applicants should send their CV (to include email and telephone number) to email@example.com.