The IME Student Council are recruiting
The Institute of Medical Ethics (IME) Student Council are recruiting new members to sit on their national committee.
The council works to promote interest and awareness of medical !ethics, improve access to ethics-related events and resources, and act as regional representatives.
We are recruiting eight new members for specific roles within the council. These roles are:
– Junior Conference Leads (2 Roles)
– Junior Education and Debate Leads (2 Roles)
– Junior Research and Publishing Leads (2 Roles)
– Junior Social Media Leads (2 Roles)
To apply, please fill out this google form: https://forms.gle/pn3bsiPBe2csSYPR7
Applicants to all roles must:
– Be in their penultimate year of study or earlier, due to the two-year Student Council term
– Currently be, or be willing to become, a Student Member of the IME (£12 annual fee)
– Be willing to actively participate in all activities inherent to the role as an IME Student Council member
– Be willing to commit to monthly virtual meetings
– Be willing to commit to several in-person meetings per year (usually in London, with reimbursement of travel expenses)
The deadline for all applications is Friday 16th September 23:59. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview with senior council members during the week commencing Monday 19th September. The new Student Council will be announced by the end of September.
Please note that at the interview stage, applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their status as a current medical student in the UK.
The first in-person meeting for the council will take place on either Saturday 1st October or Saturday 8th October in London.
If you would like to learn more about what the council does, feel free to watch our short info video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WJ_H7Yip7HEcZd16YBhlPxGY7-Pr7gnc/view?usp=sharing
And follow us on social media platforms:
Thank you for your interest in joining the IME Student Council. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The IME Student Council 2022/23