We are conducting a brain imaging study to look at the brain’s ability to form new connections following 1) ketamine administration, and 2) learning of new motor skills.
We are looking for right-handed healthy male volunteers 25 to 60 years of age to take part in the study.
If you take part in the study, you will be expected to:
- Attend the Invicro imaging centre and/or the CIPPRes clinic (CNWL)
- Imperial Psychopharmacology and Psychedelic Research clinic) at St.
- Charles Hospital on 5 or 6 occasions
- Provide some blood samples.
- Have your left hand bound by bandages for up to 24 hours.
- Receive an intravenous (potentially high) dose of ketamine.
- Complete questionnaires about yourself.
- Receive a total of 4 (radioactive and magnetic*) brain scans across two visits.
*Two combined positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging (PET/MRI) scans and two separate MRI scans.
If you are suitable, and chose to participate in the study, we will reimburse you for your expenses, your time and any inconvenience (£450, plus travel expenses).
If you are interested in taking part, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on the following number (07415 332693).