We are Matilde and Valentina, two students from the MRes Biomedical Research.
We would like to invite you to a virtual networking event, that will take place on 27th September from 10am to 3.15pm. The event will involve careers talk, tech-transfer talks and research talks on topics such as neuroscience, cancer, gene therapy, health policy, immunology… The full information of the event is accessible at this link, including registration: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/networking-event-tickets-169755464163
The event will give you the opportunity to learn about research that is going on at Imperial. We hope to inspire you in the choice of your career paths, of potential PhD projects, or of areas to focus on if you just started a master or undergraduates’ course at Imperial.
Check the program at the link or at the end of this email and don’t forget to register here!!
Hope to see many of you there.
Matilde and Valentina
- 10.00am – 10.30am Timothy Ebbels – Session opening
- 10.30am – 11.15am Katie Dallison – Your Imperial Masters and your Career
- 11.15am – 11.45am Martina Viviani – Tech Transfer case study – Guest speaker
- 11.45am – 12.15am Rachel Harvey – Delivering impact through Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation at Imperial
- 12.15am – 12.45am Lunch Break
Breakout room 1: Cancer and Immunology
- 12.45am – 1.15pm Margarita Dominguez- Villa – Restoring immunological balance in infectious and autoimmune diseases
- 1.15pm – 1.45pm Melpomeni Kalofonou – Microchip technology for cancer diagnostics
Breakout room 2: Health policy and Patients’ involvement/social psychology
- 12.45am – 1.15pm Jackie van Dael – Alternative career paths in academia: bridging patient safety/medicine/healthcare improvement and social psychology
- 1.15pm – 1.45pm Niki O’Brian – Developing research and policy to improve health systems in low- and middle-income countries
- 1.45pm – 2.00pm Break
Breakout room 1: Neuroscience and Gene therapy
- 2.15pm – 2.45pm – Uta Griesenbach – Gene Therapy for respiratory diseases
- 2.45pm – 3.15pm – Sarah Marzi – Epigenetic regulation in Alzheimer’s disease
- 3.15pm Closing remarks
Breakout room 2: Cardiovascular and Diabetes
- 2.00pm – 2.30pm Marta Varela – In a heartbeat: how physics can help understand arrhythmias
- 2.30pm – 3.00pm Shivani Misra – Multimodal studies to answer clinical questions in diabetes
- 3.00pm Closing remarks