The deadline for our IME Student Council recruitment round has been extended to Sunday 5th September at midnight!
The Institute of Medical Ethics Student Council are recruiting new members to sit on their national committee. The council works to promote interest and awareness of medical ethics, improve access to ethics-related events and resources, and act as regional representatives. Terms for council members are 2 years and applications are open to students of medicine and other healthcare degrees.
We are recruiting 8 new members for specific roles within the council. You will find attached to this email each role description. Candidates are advised to apply for the specific role that best matches their profiles and skill set.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with:
- The name of your medical school and year of study and the specific role (or roles) that you are interested in. If applying to multiple roles, please rank these in ascending order making clear to us which you would prefer.
- A short statement explaining in no more than 300 words why you believe you would be a good member of the council, and demonstrating your commitment to ethics.
- A letter of probity from your medical school: A document from a member of medical school staff who knows you personally and can affirm that there is no reason why you would not be a suitable member of the council.
- Not be entering their final year, due to the 2 year council term.
- Be or be willing to become a Student Member of the IME (£12 per year) within 1 month of accepting a position on the council.
- (3) Be willing to commit to at least 3 meetings a year (usually in London) – travel expenses will be reimbursed by the IME.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a short informal interview mid-September, online, with the Chair and Vice-Chair.
The new Council will be announced mid-late September.
Thank you in advance for your interest,
Ferdinand (Chair) & Estelle (Vice-Chair)
On behalf of the IME Student Council