Applications for the IME Student Council 2017-2019 are now open!
The IME Student Council is a team of sixteen medical students from universities around the UK brought together to form a student-led subgroup of the Institute of Medical Ethics (http://www.instituteofmedicalethics.org). Formed in 2014, the council works to promote interest and awareness of medical ethics, improving access to ethics-related events, conferences and educational resources.
We are looking for students to join the council to represent their medical schools and region. This year the council is looking to recruit eight new student council members to replace the outgoing members of the council.
The council will meet at least once a term to discuss progress, share news and plan for the future. In addition there are multiple opportunities to sit and participate in other IME groups e.g. the Education Committee, Research Committee and Board of Trustees.
· Actively participate with the council via meetings and electronic communication.
· Work with the council on current projects and plan for the future.
· Maintain regular contact with fellow regional representatives.
· Establish and maintain communication links with your medical school and region to accurately represent their views and needs.
· Advertise IME membership and events.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with:
· The name of your medical school and year of study.
· A short statement explaining in no more than 300 words why you would like to be a member of the Student Council.
· A letter of probity from your medical school (a standard document from the medical school affirming that you are a suitable candidate to serve on the Council).
· Not be in their final year – term for council members is 2 years. · Be or be willing to become a Student Member of the IME (£12 per year) within 1 month of accepting a position on the council.
· Be willing to commit to at least 3 meetings a year (usually in London) – travel expenses will be reimbursed by the IME.
· Be able to commit to other meetings depending on additional roles taken.
CLOSING DATE: 2nd June 2017
We will announce the new Council in July 2017 before its first meeting in August 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!