The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) are holding Fast bleep the doctor: How to survive your first on-call shift on 22 July 2017.
Starting as a newly-qualified doctor can be a daunting time, not least because of the first on-call shifts where the first real leap from medical student to doctor is made. This event aims to provide a convenient overview of the most common calls doctors may see.
Highlights will include:
· managing a first on-call shift and the night shift
· ways of managing common on-call encounters
· how to deal with emergencies in sepsis, cardiology, gastroenterology and respiratory medicine
· key concepts in managing delirium and patients at the end of life whilst on call
· how to make the most of learning whilst on call.
Booking is open now and a full programme will be available online shortly.