ICSM Drama is open to anyone. We have members ranging from complete beginners to those who consider themselves budding thespians. Don’t worry if you get stage-fright, there’s a whole host of ways to get involved backstage too; including lighting, sound, set building, costume design, make-up, writing, advertising…and the list goes on!
- We have five productions in the academic year. The highlights are the Main Play in March & the Autumn Play in November; for this years’ Main we will be performing an adaptation of ‘Pride and Prejudice’, based by the novel by Jane Austin, and an Autumn play written and directed by two final-year members of our society.
- Other performances include the Freshers’ Plays, the comedy Soiree and the UH Revue (which also involves the other London med-schools).
- Freshers’ plays take place early in the year, and although not an entirely serious enterprise, they provide a great opportunity to become known to people both in your year and in the med school in general.
- Throughout the year we have a host of social events including Tour, Freshers’ Dinner, the Christmas & End of Year Dinners, and the legendary gine-inspired play week socials. There’s even an opportunity for discounted theatre trips for the most culturally inclined individuals.
- Here’s the big one; There is a sexy £900 scholarship for those most actively involved in the society. Oh yes! Though only applicable to Years 2 and above, you have to be involved early on to be in with a chance!
- Finally, if that isn’t enough for you, the number of people you meet will guarantee you at least one set of revision notes for the coming exams.
For more information about any aspect of the society please don’t hesitate to email us.