We are arranging a 3rd year clinical induction programme on Tuesday 16th Sept and Thursday 18th Sept at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. We are looking for 2nd year students to act as patients for the following scenarios/sessions:
– Tues 16th Sept, history teaching sessions from 2:30 – 4:30pm. The student would be briefed on a patient history and then a 3rd year student would take a history from them, while a doctor watches and gives feedback/teaching.
– Thurs 18th Sept: CVS/resp/neuro/abdo examination stations. We would need students who would be willing to be examined by 3rd year students, while a doctor supervises and teaches them. Morning session: 9am – 12:30pm, or afternoon session 1:30pm to 4:45pm.
This would be useful for the 1st/2nd year students as:
- They will be able to experience what it is like to be a patient for the day.
- They will be able to benefit from the teaching in order to facilitate their own history taking and examination skills.
- They will be able to pre-empt what might be expected from them during their 3rd year.