The Institute of Medical Ethics are hosting their first annual student conference on Saturday 10th February 2018, at the University of Sheffield.
This promises to be a valuable and stimulating experience for the development of Medical Students, and is free of charge.
Please find attached the event poster: Conference Poster_IME_2017
Booking details can be found using this link.
Anyone wishing to submit an Abstract should do so through the following submission portal.
David Charchoglyan is the IME Committee Student Lead.
“Annual Meeting Essay Awards 2017 for Medical Students & Foundation Doctors Y1/2”
1. Deep impact: the impact of interventional radiology on modern patient care
2. The art of intervention: describe a case where interventional radiology played a major role in treating the patient and what you learnt?
Please select one of the essay title options above. There is a drop down menu on the submission site.
- ELIGIBILITY: medical students and foundation doctors year 1 , 2.
- Entrants are asked to provide an essay using one of the titles above
- Word limit is 500 words
- Deadline for submission is 30th August 2017
- Once submission is complete an automated email with unique number will be emailed to you Please retain this
- Best 2 essays will be published in the BSIR Delegate Handbook 2017 and BSIR website.
- Certificates of awards will be given to all recipients
AWARD DETAILS : An award (£300 plus free annual meeting registration ) will be made towards travel and accommodation at the BSIR 2017 ICC Birmingham 1st – 3rd Nov 2017 . It is anticipated that this award will be given for attendance on all three days of the annual meeting. A prorated rate will be in place for reduced attendance. A record of attendance at BSIR 2017 Annual Meeting sessions will be required for reimbursement.
Essays will be scored on:
- Quality of the construction of the case
- Relevance to BSIR& IR
Any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct + 44 (0) 141 942 8104