Applications for the IME Student Council 2017-2019 are now open!
The IME Student Council is a team of sixteen medical students from universities around the UK brought together to form a student-led subgroup of the Institute of Medical Ethics (http://www.instituteofmedicalethics.org). Formed in 2014, the council works to promote interest and awareness of medical ethics, improving access to ethics-related events, conferences and educational resources.
We are looking for students to join the council to represent their medical schools and region. This year the council is looking to recruit eight new student council members to replace the outgoing members of the council.
The council will meet at least once a term to discuss progress, share news and plan for the future. In addition there are multiple opportunities to sit and participate in other IME groups e.g. the Education Committee, Research Committee and Board of Trustees.
· Actively participate with the council via meetings and electronic communication.
· Work with the council on current projects and plan for the future.
· Maintain regular contact with fellow regional representatives.
· Establish and maintain communication links with your medical school and region to accurately represent their views and needs.
· Advertise IME membership and events.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
· The name of your medical school and year of study.
· A short statement explaining in no more than 300 words why you would like to be a member of the Student Council.
· A letter of probity from your medical school (a standard document from the medical school affirming that you are a suitable candidate to serve on the Council).
· Not be in their final year – term for council members is 2 years. · Be or be willing to become a Student Member of the IME (£12 per year) within 1 month of accepting a position on the council.
· Be willing to commit to at least 3 meetings a year (usually in London) – travel expenses will be reimbursed by the IME.
· Be able to commit to other meetings depending on additional roles taken.
CLOSING DATE: 2nd June 2017
We will announce the new Council in July 2017 before its first meeting in August 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Calling 4th and 5th year medical students – Help shape surgical education of the future!
The Royal College of Surgeons (Eng) is calling on all final and pre-final year medical students (not just budding surgeons!) to answer a ten-minute anonymous questionnaire on your experiences of surgery at medical school. The questionnaire seeks to explore your opinions on your surgical education so far and how it’s shaped your career choices so far. Your responses will help inform what surgical education and careers support for students looks like in the future.
To take part, please follow this link to complete this quick survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/UndergradSCareer
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Further information can be found here – BSMS RGEC Participant Information Sheet
Are your medical students looking for a complete package of informative, educational and aesthetic electives- an overall enlightening experience? This might be just the opportunity to kick start their career!
Internship Nepal brings to you packages of Medical Electives 2017! We start the season with a whole new dynamics in a blend of enthusiasm, improvement and reliability. Internship Nepal Announces limited vacancy for Electives 2017!
While all this, our hugely regarded Medical Electives program is more objective-driven than ever; the program comes blended with following inclusions and activities:
· Accommodations – Food / Wi-Fi/ at surprisingly affordable costs
· Placements in some of the most prominent hospitals of Nepal- Kathmandu Model Hospital, Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital and Kanti Children’s Hospital
· The hospital staffs are extremely welcoming; Students will assist the local doctors and nurses in performing surgeries
· Students applying for the elective program will be placed in a home stay with a very hospitable host family
· Regular Hikes/trips/tours inside and outside Kathmandu valley
· Guaranteed continuous guidance and individual support to the students from trained professional/s
· Practical, competitive and pro-active approach on the field as is demanded by this line of work
· Professional and strict evaluation at the end of the electives
Do spread a word among the students about this marvelous opportunity!
For additional information, be sure to check out Medical Electives section on our website.